Tuesday 27 April 2010

I Love Tim Holtz!




I absolutely love the Tim Holtz vintage / shabby chic style and products and now that I've made one bookmark (on Sunday) I'm off.....

Last night I made Casey (my daughter) her own personalised book mark using luggage tags, grunge paper, grungeboard elements (Stripes), distress inks, vintage music paper, acrylic paint, stamps, ribbon, a metal word tag, corrugated card, handmade paper and stickles glitter glue.
The whole process only took about an hour from start to finish - topped off with a layer of modge podge to seal the lot.

Grunge paper/board is a fantastic product. You can screw it up, ink, stamp, paint and punch it. The wings on Casey's bookmark won't get damaged in her book because they just bounce back to their original shape. I wish my Slice machine would cut it but I expect it will cause problems - I'll have to ask Mel to cut some up using her Sizzix machine instead!

I've decided to make a friend a bookmark for his birthday (which happens to be today) to see how it goes down and since he's an avid reader - it's hopefully a suitable gift.

Too much working and not enough crafting going on as far as I'm concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment