Friday 30 April 2010

A New Layout


It seems like ages since I've had a chance to create another layout, my new stuff has just been sitting there and I don't know what to try first! I've had a look through the Tim Holtz book for inspiration and it's certainly done that.
I've got an old photo of my dad when he was just a little boy and thought I'd have a go with the distress inks.
I love buying scrapbook papers, and remove all of the white pages that come with the inserts and never use them, So this layout is quite different for me as I usually have pretty paper and flowers.
I've used black soot and vintage distress inks over the top of the time mask and a crafters template.
The lettering is my new alphabet sizzlit die by Tim Holtz (of course), called 'Carnivale'. I've been looking for these shaped letters for a while and I really love them. I've got the Tattered florals bigz die coming in the next few days and I know their going to look amazing made out of grunge paper.

Mel

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous LO Mel - and as usual, I've extracted the very same photo for a scrapping possibility next weekend at the crop! Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete