Thursday 19 August 2010

Mel's Summer Holiday


I've been back from Sorrento for over a week and have finally found the time to log it! William has a friend over so I have a few minutes before being needed again, don't you love the long holidays?!
Italy was beautiful, as I knew it would be and the weather perfect! We managed to go to all the places we had talked about with a bit of rest aswell. William of course thought the pool was best, although he was quite impressed with the walk up Vesuvio's and looking down into the great big crater with plumes of smoke rising.
We went on trips to Capri, Pompeii and on the Amalfi drive all which had amazing views of Vesuvio's. Our hotel was on a coastal road out of Sorrento and each evening watched a beautiful sunset from the dining room.
A really lovely holiday with just the three of us before it turn's into four! Next year no doubt we'll be looking for holiday's in this country, and while I think there's some gorgeous places here, there's the age old problem of the weather!

Since being home I've made a photobook of our holiday, which arrived yesterday and I'm absolutely chuffed with it! The photo's look professional and are set out really well. I'll definietly be using that again.


4 comments:

  1. I've been dreaming of a trip to Italy forever, your beautiful photos makes me want to go even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos - I cant wait to see the photobook you ordered! I'm really chuffed with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful photos! I would love to go back over seas. It was so gorgeous! That was 20 years ago!

    Love all of your wonderful tags. Great pieces!

    ReplyDelete