Friday 22 October 2010

Dragons Dream - tag it on challege !



I've had a month to get round to this and have been making plans in my head over what I would do - funny how things turn out very differently isnt it?
The challenge is for Dragonsdream tag it on (who has been off on a cruise)! Her website is over at http://dragon-dragonsdream.blogspot.com

I made this tag using Mel's TH butterfly die but I used four of the large butterfly wings to double up to look more like a dragonfly. I coloured the wings and then stuck them to vellum for a slightly transparent look. I thought it needed a bit of "blinging-up" so glittered all over the turquoise wings.

I have also used a new dragonfly stamp and some embossing powders and ink to create the background.
I wanted some words on the tag saying "Happiness, strength and Courage" (as this is what dragonflies represent in Japan) but I just couldn't find a way to fit them in!


3 comments:

  1. gorgeous...thanks for sharing the Japanese meaning too....I love dragonflies and also butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one very pretty tag
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete