Tuesday 8 June 2010

Creativity Boot Camp - Day 2 "Picnic"

Day two and Madeline Bea wants us to embrace our creative souls and consider ourselves as artists.

I've never thought of myself as that before but if the definition of artist is "One who creates objects of beauty" then - I'm still not sure?
I don't know if other people who see my "work" as objects of beauty but I think my family and friends like the pages and cards I produce and that's fine by me!

She says we should call ourselves "Artists" instead of crafters or hobbyists and allow our mode of dress to reflect our true personalities.

So I bought new "artist" shoes! Yummy pink and sooooo incredibly comfortable. I want them in every colour!



I did rather like this quote that she used:

"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else" - Judy Garland.

Anyway, The word prompt of the day was "Picnic" and as the American ladies went out taking the most beautiful photos of picnic baskets and blankets and children playing - here in the UK it was overcast and a bit drizzly at times.

I struggled to think of something to make - I dont have any photos to use as a subject for picnic so I ended up with an ATC and my interpretation of a family picnic - everyone run off because the food has been invaded with bees and wasps!

Maybe inspiration will hit tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. Fab idea, thats the thing with the British weather... four seasons in one day lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes... I've been thinking of finding the one piece of clothing/accessories that speak to my creative nature - after reading yesterdays post :) Not sure what it will be...
    And I LOVE the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww cute picnic blanket, in the absence of sunhine we often have picnics in the livingroom, or even in the car lol

    I find it impossible to call myself an artist or even to say I have a studio, it just makes me so uncomfortable. Those words imply I am a professional, when in reality I just make 'stuff' in my 'craft room' when I think of a studio, I think of those huge american craft spaces...oh I dream of having a room like those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink artist shoes!! That's better than any picnic story you might have written. Thanks for the smile, and the encouragement to be visible and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, maybe I need to get me some pink artist shoes and then I'll be more comfortable too! Love the shoes! And, it's so hard to find closed toes shoes that are just perfect for summer. The bee works too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohh! An excuse to go out and buy a new pair of shoes! Love it. Maybe I need a whole new outfit come to think of it. :)

    Love the blanket and yes, bees are a huge part of a picnic. The one part that keeps me inside actually.

    ReplyDelete