Friday 11 June 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 5 "Grow"



When I saw that the word prompt of the day was "Grow", I knew immediately what my ATC would feature! My "bean" of a nephew or niece who is due in December this year!
I'll be honest, I'm not that happy with the final piece. I'm not sure what else I could have done to improve it? Maybe I'm just not that used to using these colours?

This subject was also a theme on UKScrappers during May and I submitted a photo of my ever-growing grass!






Music
The second assignment from the boot camp was to listen to music that evoked deep emotions and it was suggested that we go back to the music we listened to at school (when our hormones were all over the place)!

I listened to a lot music from the musicals in those days which is bit different - and they are supposed to be emotional! I loved Miss Saigon and Les Mis etc and managed to sob through a lot of Starlight Express!
I also thought I quite likes Guns n Roses but I'm not sure whether I was just trying to "fit in"! (I quite like them now though)!

It did remind of all the emotional turmoil that we went through at the age of 14 (although I have no idea what the fuss was all about now)!
My point though, is that I now have a 14 year old daughter who is probably feeling all the same emotions, so it's a reminder to me to be more empathetic to her emotional years!

Poem by Daniel
(aged 10)
I wanted to share with you, a piece that my son wrote for school this week. He said it wasn't a poem but a list of senses. I think it's a beautiful poem:

Spring Senses
What I see....
A never ending path surrounded by long leafy trees.
Neat and sturdy birds' nests stuck tightly
to the tree covered in blooming petals.
Birds fluttering across the bright blue sky.
Petals drifting gracefully towards the ground.

What I hear....
A bee buzzing lazily around the area.
Birds tweet up high in the distance.
The peace and quiet of a hot spring day.
The snap of hollow twigs when stepped on.

What I feel...
A warm breeze across my face.
The nasty stinging nettles painfully sting my legs.
The happiness I feel about the sunny day.

What I smell...
The smell of freshly mowed grass.
Warm sun and flowers.
Sausages and burgers on a BBQ wafting to my nose.

Lovely! I'm so proud of him.

Louise

3 comments:

  1. Dan's poem is super! well done him x
    I like your new 'grow' ATC, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! It's just different than the others, a change now and then is good!
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like you're grow ATC too, it's very sweet - and like mel said sometimes a change is a good thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete