Thursday 17 June 2010

Day 12 Boot camp - "Smooth"

I don't think I was with the programme today. I had to get up at 5.30am to take a trip to Leeds for a meeting and although I was back by 5pm it was a long day travelling. I didnt find out the prompt word until 6pm and to be honest - I think I was just too tired to try very hard.

I originally thought of a snake for "smooth" but didnt have the brain cells available to put it onto paper.
Instead, I opted for a saxophone - smooth jazz.
I'm rather disappointed with the outcome and probably should have left it until tomorrow but rushed ahead anyway - typical me!



The other assignment was to think of dreams and aspirations. Madeline stated that we have many dreams as children that change frequently (sometimes daily) and we never think that our dreams might not come true.
As adults we are more negative (and practical)but we should still have dreams. She wanted us to share these dreams and think about the possible steps that could be taken to make them come true.

I'm lucky ( like I said yesterday) I've been to some of the places that I've dreamt about and they've lived up to my expectations - I would love to do more travelling to see the world.
My dreams, at the moment, are for the children. I want them to have the opportunities and confidence to do what they want to do. I want to do things together as a family before the children decide they'd rather do it with their friends.

Oh and my biggest dream is obviously to win the lottery and retire early to do voluntary work and travel the world - I buy a ticket every week so I guess thats a step in the right direction!

Maybe I should give this whole "dreams" thing a bit more thought when I'm not so tired!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I alternate weeks of buying lottery tickets - can't win if you don't play. Good luck to you with yours (since we're not in the same lotto!). Nice interpretation of smooth.

    ReplyDelete